Last Modified: May 3, 2023
Marine Co. Systems, LLC ("Company," "We," or “Us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. For this reason, we want you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose information about you.
This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the WaveLink mobile application (the "App").
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy only applies to information we collect and other electronic communications we send through this App.
This policy does not apply to information that:
- We collect offline, through our Website, or through alternate communications channels.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see 2.d. Third-Party Information Collection).
Our Website and these other third-parties have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
- Children Under the Age of 16
This App is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may download, register with, or use this App, or have their information provided therein. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, please do not use or provide any information on this App or through any of its features or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Setup information you provide
- Data from WaveLink Hub
- WaveLink Hub connects directly to a cellular network to transmit data to you via the App as well as to Us. We collect this connection data to ensure proper functionality and to make continuous improvements. Connection data we may collect from the WaveLink Hub includes, without limitation, the geographic location of the Wavelink Hub, the device Internet Protocol (IP) address, MAC address, International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI), and International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI).
- WaveLink Hub enables you to determine the purpose and the means for which we collect data from the ambient environment. When you enable all features of WaveLink, we may collect and process electrical current readings, water temperature, and other environmental data from the device, subject to your instruction, configuration, and settings. This may include capturing and emailing portions of this data as part of a notification or analyzing the data to identify detection or other events. If you instruct us by setting up your WaveLink Hub to receive mobile notifications, we may process information from the WaveLink Hub to send alerts to designated mobile devices as configured by the user.
- Feedback that you elect to provide to us in response to prompts relating to the functioning of the App and WaveLink Hub.
- IP address (we may also derive your approximate location from your IP address).
2.a. Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use this App, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information").
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as body of water in which WaveLink Hub is used and electric utility provider.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App, subscribing to our service, and requesting additional services or products. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence, including email addresses, phone numbers, and WaveLink Hub device information, if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
2.b. Automatic Information Collection
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, activity logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
- Location Information. This App collects real-time information about the location of your device. The App collects this information to notify provide custom alerts when your device is in proximity of your WaveLink Hub.
Some of this data must be collected to ensure full functionality of the App. If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the App. However, we do provide you the ability to opt out of collection of certain types of data through the Settings menu on your iOS or Android device. For more information, see Sec. 5. Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information. Importantly, opting out of some of the App’s collection of data, such as the App's collection of location information, will disable certain features of the App and may degrade the quality of service We provide.
2.c. Information Collection Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
2.d. Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include, without limitation:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third-parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this app. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or activities. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third-parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used, as such, we bear no responsibility for their data collection practices. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
- How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you high quality service related to your WaveLink Hub.
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account and subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Analyze usage patterns and environmental information relating to bodies of water and electrical hazards.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Improve your experience using the App through personalization and upgrades.
- Recognize you when you use the App.
We use location information we collect to deliver alerts and notifications to you about hazards identified by your WaveLink Hub.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
- Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third-parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Marine Co. Systems or WaveLink's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any lawful government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the App’s Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. In some instances, we may combine information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
- Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
At WaveLink, we give you choices about the personal information you provide to us. We have mechanisms in place to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device's location through your device's privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may become inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address, postal address, or phone number to promote our own or third parties' products or services, do not check the box indicating your consent on the account registration page on the App. You can also always opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, do not check the box indicating your consent on the account registration page on the App. You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, do not check the box indicating your consent on the account registration page on the App. You can also always opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third-parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third-parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website: https://thenai.org/.
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah, as well as international users, may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Sec. 7. State Privacy Rights for more information.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
At any time, you can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and accessing your account login page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Sec. 7. State Privacy Rights for more information.
- State Privacy Rights
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information's nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights please send an email to email@example.com. Certain states provide you the right to appeal our decision regarding your request in certain instances. To appeal a decision regarding a consumer rights request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an appeal of a previous decision. We will endeavor to respond to your appeal within 45 days but not more than is required by law in your state.
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales. Residents who wish to exercise this sale opt-out rights may submit a request to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures reasonably designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure; however, we cannot guarantee that data transmission or storage is 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with our App is no longer secure, please immediately notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Importantly, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to the App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We highly recommend you do not share this password with anyone nor use it to access any other service. We also urge you to never conduct financial transactions through our App using public Wi-Fi, as this can be intercepted.
Unfortunately, no transmission of information via the internet is completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal and financial information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal or financial information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures in place on our App.
- Contact Information
- Via email: email@example.com.
- Or through the “Contact Us” tab on our Website: https://wave.link/pages/contact-us.
We will never ask you for credit card information via email. Please do not include credit card or other sensitive financial information in your emails to us.